Here at Windy City Glam, hair and makeup artists have one job that is more important than the perfect red lipstick or updo. That is to keep you, our client, healthy and safe.
To give you peace of mind during this uncertain time, we wanted to let you know that our professional makeup kits and our workstations were and are always clean and disinfected, even before this pandemic.
While we have always practiced these safety precautions on a regular basis, we are, however, being more mindful than ever before. We thought you should be aware of our cleaning practices to give you peace of mind. Not just now, but in the future.
Here are some things Windy City Glam does to keep you safe as our client:
- We wipe down all surfaces before we set up our makeup stations.
- We wash our hands for 30 seconds before we begin your services.
- In addition, we use hand sanitizer as an extra step before we start services.
- We use new, clean brushes that have been washed in soap and water on every client.
- We never double-dip our brush directly into beauty products.
- We always scrape, scoop, and dip products to a clean, metal palette or paper towel.
- We never apply mascara on you right out of the tube unless we’re giving you the mascara afterwards to keep.
- When applying mascara, we will always use new, disposable mascara wands for each application, and we never double-dip.
- We disinfect all our tools, from tweezers to lash curlers, and wipe down all products before we pack our kit and after we complete a job. This keeps from cross-contaminating other products inside our kits.
- We regularly clean surface objects with a disposable disinfectant, as well as objects that are frequently used, such as phones, keyboards, toilets, door handles, tables, counter tops, and cabinets.
- After every client, whether in the studio or at your location, we clean the working surface and always prepare a new, clean area to work on.
- We will practice these same guidelines at your home or hotel as well.
In addition to these everyday steps, we are also being extra diligent to ensure that if any artists are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of illness, we will remain home.
Likewise, if you have an upcoming trials with us and aren’t feeling your best, please email us and we’ll be happy to reschedule your trials.
Finally, we will continue to closely monitor this developing situation and make necessary adjustments according to state and federal guidelines.
For information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov.
Thank you for your continued trust in Windy City Glam, and I look forward to seeing you very soon to help you look and feel your absolute best!